Enter the 2017 Yarra Glen Arts Show
Registration for the Yarra Glen Arts Show Exhibition is now CLOSED.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
- Founders’ Award, Best in
Show Prize: Valued at $500
- Best Oil/Acrylic Prize: Valued at $300
- Best Work on Paper Prize: valued at $300
- Best Three Dimensional Prize: Valued at $300
- Young Artist Award Prize: Entrance into Youth Art
- People’s Choice Award Prize:
Bed & Breakfast package at Balgownie Estate Resort
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- All submitted works must be the original work of the artist and be available for sale and have not been submitted in previous years.
- All entries must have an accompanying image of the works. Images must be of a medium to high quality .jpg file and be
of the work in its entirety.
- All submitted works must be clearly marked or labelled on the back with the title, price and artist’s name and contact number.
- All HANGING WORKS
Entries are limited to two hanging works per artist.
Artists can choose to enter their works into three different categories; Artwork, Relief and Photography. Artists may enter different works into multiple categories, but are limited to two hanging works per artist.
Hanging art works are to be framed and/or fitted with wire for hanging. Maximum size 1m square.
Works without hanging wire will not be exhibited. Artwork sizes will be checked on delivery, oversize pieces will incur an additional fee of $10 and/or may not be accepted. All work must be dry and ready to display. Entries
art work are limited to two hanging works per artist. An entry fee of $15.00 per entry is payable. There is provision for 250 hanging works. Entries will close upon receiving this number of works or by the closing date. Entries for relief work and/or photography are limited to two hanging works per artist. An entry fee of $15.00 per entry is payable. There is limited hanging space for relief work (art not craft) that can include textile work and various other sculptural mediums. There is provision for 50 hanging works. Entries will close upon receiving this number of works or by the closing date. A maximum of 1m square and hanging equipment must be provided.
There will be provision for non-hanging unframed artwork, including photography, which must be mounted and shrink wrapped. Relief work must also be wrapped. An entry fee of $5.00 per work is payable. Maximum size of 40cm x 50cm, no limit on
number of entries.
- THREE DIMENSIONAL
Relief work in all materials including textiles and metal work will be accepted
providing it falls into the category of art not craft. Refer to above entry conditions on hanging and non-hanging entry requirements. Sculptures must be free standing, please provide plinths if necessary. An entry fee of $15.00 per sculpture is payable. Entries are limited to 6 pieces.
- We will
endeavour to include all submitted works but this will be at the
organisers’ discretion, taking into account the space available.
- All accepted
hanging works and sculptures will be considered for judging
for awards and prizes.
- To be eligible for the Young Artist Award
, you need to be between 18 and 25 years old.
- All reasonable care will be taken of
works in our
possession, but artists are responsible for insuring them against any loss or damage.
We will retain 25% of the sale price of
each exhibit sold. This will be put towards exhibition expenses. A bank transfer will be made
GST is the responsibility of each artist.
- Works must be delivered to: Yarra Glen Memorial Hall, 45 Bell Street, Yarra Glen on Wednesday 8 March from 12 noon through to 5.00pm or on Thursday 9 March from 9.00am through to 12 noon. Late work will not be accepted unless otherwise arranged.
- All unsold works must be collected from the Yarra Glen Memorial Hall from 4.00pm on
Monday 13 March or from 10.00am through to 12 noon on Tuesday 14 March. All unclaimed works will be disposed of appropriately.
- If not entering online, entry forms and fees must be returned to the Yarra Glen Arts Show, PO Box 396, Yarra Glen, by Friday 17 February 2017.
- As in previous years, all award prizes are to a value and are not exchangeable for cash.
- The Judges decision will be final and no decision will be entered into.
organisers reserve the right to not accept an entry that does not comply with the shows conditions of entry.
organisers have the right to photograph works and publish those photographs for publicity purposes.
By entering the Yarra Glen
Arts Show 2017, you agree to all the entry conditions listed above.
: 0419 129 480 or firstname.lastname@example.org